ChatGPT has gotten a lot of attention in recent months. AI and Machine Learning have the potential to be used in a variety of healthcare applications, including, medical documentation, virtual assistants, diagnosis and treatment, drug discovery, and patient engagement. Here experts discuss the promise and the potential risks of AI, machine learning, and other conversational language models in healthcare. Specifically, they will discuss how the tools can be:
- Used to generate medical reports and notes to save time for healthcare professionals and improve the accuracy of patient records.
- Integrated into virtual assistants for healthcare providers, allowing them to quickly and easily access information about patients and their medical histories
- Used to assist with diagnosis and treatment by providing information about different conditions and potential treatments
- Assist drug discovery by providing information about different compounds and their potential uses
- Leveraged to engage patients through chatbot interfaces, providing information about their conditions and answering any questions they may have